Missing You Quotes Part 2


What is the opposite of two?  A lonely me, a lonely you. 
~Richard Wilbur

No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth. 
~Robert Southey

Your absence has gone through me
Like thread through a needle
Everything I do is stitched with its color.
~W.S. Merwin, "Separation"

Thou art gone from my gaze like a beautiful dream.
And I seek thee in vain by the meadow and stream.
~George Linley

Love reckons hours for months, and days for years; and every little absence is an age. 
~John Dryden

Every parting is a form of death, as every reunion is a type of heaven. 
~Tryon Edwards

When I go away from you
The world beats dead
Like a slackened drum....
~Amy Lowell, "The Taxi"

Life is so short, so fast the lone hours fly,
We ought to be together, you and I.
~Henry Alford, "You and I"  (Thanks, Jenn)

As contraries are known by contraries, so is the delight of presence best known by the torments of absence. 
~Alcibiades

Oft in the tranquil hour of night,
When stars illume the sky,
I gaze upon each orb of light,
And wish that thou wert by.
~George Linley

Days of absence, sad and dreary,
Clothed in sorrow's dark array, -
Days of absence, I am weary;
She I love is far away.
~Jean-Jacques Rousseau

No comments:

Post a Comment